Friday, May 31, 2013

What's in a name?

So, I have this thing with loving my name. I love the way it is written, the way it sounds, the "I" at the end, basically the whole shebang. So probably since month 1 I have tried to get MM to say my name (now I know that she couldn't have said it at month 1 but a girl can dream)




I spent many a days on FaceTime and in person saying "Kelli" over and over. Blank stare- EVERY TIME. MM wanted nothing to do with Kelli. I started planning my alternate solution. I shortened it to Kelkel but later realized that the "k" sound was the tricky part. Plus, our other BF will be KK from now until forever so I couldn't take that from her.
LeLe (leelee) came to me one day, I tried it out, and she said it- like immediately- said it! Holla! It stuck! I would from now until the end of time be known as LeLe. Like can you imagine me at her highschool graduation party signing a card that says "love always, LELE" :goosebumps:




So there it stands- if you need me just ask MM to call LeLe!
- Kelli aka LeLe

No comments:

Post a Comment